20 March 2011

My view of Auckland.

Photo taken by myself.

Before I talk about the different issues in Auckland, I want to start of with writing about what I like about this city. After living in New Zealand for almost five years, I have developed a love for this country and this city. Although it is not perfect, I love the diverse culture and the relaxed atmosphere. Coming from a country with 90 million people (in 2006), Auckland was a dream. I remembered the first time we explored the city, I found the air so fresh and clean. I was used to seeing smoke and fog in the air and littered streets. Though the CBD is developing problems of pollution and congestion, it was nothing compared to what I've experienced before.

To me, Auckland is a beautiful city. There are multiple beaches and dormant volcanoes that provide amazing views. For thrill seekers, there are various adventure sports and activities available and for nature enthusiasts, there is a variety of places you can go to.

View from North Head in Devonport, Beach in Arkles Bay
View from Stanley Point, Muriwai Beach
All photos taken by myself
Even the most famous cities in the world have problems, Auckland has too. Further in this blog, I will look at some of the issues and problems this city is facing today.

No comments:

Post a Comment